Navigating Kenya’s Tax Landscape: Expert Insights and Services
By Elkanah Nyauma
There are several tax services available in Kenya that individuals and businesses can access. Some of the key tax services in Kenya include:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA): KRA is the main tax agency in Kenya responsible for the administration of all taxes in the country. KRA provides various services such as tax registration, tax compliance, tax filing, and tax advisory services.
- Tax consultants and advisory firms: There are several tax consultants and advisory firms in Kenya that offer tax-related services to individuals and businesses. These firms provide services such as tax planning, tax compliance, tax litigation, and tax audit services.
- Accounting firms: Many accounting firms in Kenya also offer tax-related services to their clients. These services include tax compliance, tax planning, tax advisory, and tax audit services.
- Legal firms: Some legal firms in Kenya also provide tax-related services to their clients. These services include tax litigation, tax advisory, and tax planning services.
- Online services: With the increasing use of technology in Kenya, several online tax services have emerged. These services provide a platform for individuals and businesses to file their tax returns online, check their tax status, and access other tax-related services.
It is essential to note that individuals and businesses in Kenya are required to comply with the tax laws and regulations in the country. Failure to comply with tax laws can result in penalties and legal action. Therefore, it is advisable to seek the services of a reputable tax professional or firm to ensure compliance with tax laws in Kenya.